Thursday, August 05, 2010

Writer's Obstacles

I'm currently exploding with creativity. I haven't really written in weeks. As always, I'm constantly churning over ideas concerning my storyline, but at some point I need to pick the story back up. With work, school, side-work, moving, and more, I barely have time to catch my breath.

Notes have been my only defense. I've been writing notes with furious intensity. I've devised a description for an ancient city on Kad'el called Delmenon. It happens to have been a city of Nhabics where Nhabic enchanting spiraled out of control to the point where the city rebuilds itself, buildings shift and move around without rhyme or reason, and the supposedly mindless Nhabic elemental servants seem to manifest and move about the city on unknown missions. Throughout the millennia, the city has obtained a reputation for being haunted, has been equated to hell, and has been blamed for the disappearances of a number of travellers and explorers.

I've also fleshed out combat quite a bit, as well as the accessories used in warfare and fights. Swords that are Nhabically enchanted can, for instance, pass straight through the shielding of an Atomorpher. The Nhabic Sikkorum garments are also more clear to me.

I did actually rewrite the first combat scene in the book as a means of showing the reader a true glimpse of what it's like for two, extremely competent Atomorphers to engage in combat. Now, the reader can see numerous previews of what its to come.

Anyway, I'm just biding my time till things calm a bit and I'm able, finally, to really write.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.4.9