Saturday, April 21, 2007

Quiet Day

It was a quiet day today. Maggie and I slept in late, sealed the grout on our new tile, and attended High Desert Church. The sermon was a lot of fun. Pastor Tom Mercer spoke on parenting. We were wondering if we’d really get much out of it at the start, but quickly realized that he spoke truth that we could file away and use in the future when we eventually become parents.

I scanned through the news today and nothing really warrants any attention. That’s fine. It’s nice to have a quiet news day.

Tonight, after church, we decided on the Olive Garden for dinner. When we arrived we were told that it would be a thirty to thirty-five minute wait, so we found a table to sit at while we waited in the lobby/bar area. While sitting there an older couple walked in. They were searching for a place to sit. It’s usually not acceptable to sit at a table that’s already occupied even if there’s open chairs if you’re not invited, so I motioned for them to sit with us. It was a lot of fun talking with them. We conversed for about fifteen minutes until a table came available for us. We said our goodbyes and went to eat. I just thought I’d share because it made me feel good and I figured it might make you feel good as well. Showing a little kindness is a good thing.

For now, I’m off to bed. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: