Tuesday, April 03, 2007

$2500 or Regrets?

Does $2,500 a month sound high to you? It does to me. That, my friends, is the price of purchasing a new home. One of the books I read explained the sense of fear before that big first step and I really understand it--intimately.

As it stands, right now, I can be viewed in one of two ways. In the first, I am courageously taking that first step toward wealth and prosperity and someday I'll look back on these days as the beginning of a fantastic journey to financial freedom. In the second, I am out of mind and jumping headlong into a trap that will ruin me for at least the next seven years. Maybe I'm out of my mind for taking this on AND I'll end up wealthy--a third choice I suppose.

I suppose that however things turn out will provide the answer to which of these descriptions applies to me. A $2,500 a month price tag might someday seem like small change in the big scheme of things. That's what I hope anyway. Fortunately, I've equipped myself with enough education to know that this endeavor is not impossible, it's just very difficult. Many people could do what I'm doing, but not many will. The fear simply overtakes them and all the rational thought and planning leading up to this point abandons them. The commitment is simply too great to bear.

It comes down to a question: do I want to try and see what happens with the possibility of an amazing adventure and the potential for great wealth or spend the rest of my life wishing I had just tried but never knowing what could've happened? We only live once and I feel that I must do as well as I can while I'm here. I don't want to reach the end of it all and be followed by those dreaded and haunting ghosts most commonly referred to as regrets.

No comments: