Sunday, February 20, 2005

Love and the San Diego Sunset

It has been some time since I posted last, so no complaints at having to actually stop and read mine now. You've had your break.

Maggie and I are back from San Diego and happy to be home, though welcomed by a drenching downpoor of rain. It was a good weekend away that served to calm us and relieve our stresses. It was our first vacation with just the two of us since our honeymoon two and a half years ago. It was very nice to go and do whatever we wanted, without having to worry about anybody but ourselves. The weather was, however, sunny one moment and pouring the next. Despite its sporadic nature, it didn't hinder us from having fun.

We went to all kinds of interesting stores with outrageously priced weird things. We ate excellent cuisine at very unique restaraunts: my favorite part, of course. And we walked around and talked. Lots of fun.

The trip also left time to write. My book is actually progressing well beyond the first pages I had such a hard time with. I'm encouraged also because I have the inspiration and ideas for so much more. I was struggling with a small bit of writer's block before the trip, but the new atmosphere cleared me right up.

So, all in all, this weekend was an enjoyable and memorable one. I look forward to many more like it. It is a beautiful thing when you are able to be with the one you love in a place set apart from the stresses and struggles of everyday life. I found fun, happiness, and inspiration. My favorite part of the whole weekend was yesterday evening. We parked and watched the sunset together. A gorgeous sunset over the ocean with the one I love; no other thing can be substituted to bring such a unique joy to my heart. I love you Maggs.

No comments: